The Ward Memorial Hospital Auxiliary, otherwise known as the "Pink Ladies", have
always played a big role in the support of the hospital. Before Ward Memorial opened
it's doors in 1956, the Pink Ladies used 1820 yards of material and five months of
labor to make 849 articles including patient gowns, surgical gowns, towels, sheets,
and other linens for the hospital.
The Pink Ladies are all volunteers and log many hours of service to the hospital
each year. Service includes stocking and manning the gift shop, providing beverages
and newspapers for the patients, delivering flowers and gifts to patients, sponsoring
blood drives throughout the year, and always wearing a smile to all they meet.
The Ward Memorial Gift Shop is the center of the Ladies Auxiliary, where they fill
the front of the Hospital with the delicious aroma of freshly popped buttery popcorn
each day. Besides the gift shop, over the years, the Auxiliary has organized fund
raisers including bazaars, rummage sales, benefit bridge parties, bake sales and
raffles of a wide variety of items from a poodle to cookware.
Every dollar that has been raised has been re-invested in the hospital. Purchases
range from high dollar laparoscopes and hematology slide stainers to small stuffed
animals that are given to every child that is admitted to Ward Memorial Hospital.
The Pink Ladies have also provided scholarships to students who have served the hospital,
and the community.
All of the Pink Ladies are volunteers and their dedication and service to Ward Memorial
Hospital has been invaluable over the years, contributing greatly to the overall
commitment of Ward Memorial Hospital to provide the best in quality healthcare to
Monahans and its surrounding communities. -Administrator